Friday 18 March 2011

Red nose div.

My son was the only one in school uniform this morning. I remembered last night! I did. How can I love my kids so desperately and forget important dates such as Red Nose Day? What's happened to my brain? Or have I always been this hopeless? I ran home to get red clothing and sprinted back to school with my youngest in tow and a broken umbrella that couldn't prevent my fringe from curling up in to a frizzy mess. I got some sympathetic looks from other parents as I dropped the scarlet bundle in a puddle on the way into his class. My boy was thrilled to have his panting, drowned Mother hand him some clothes that made him look like everyone else. Thank God kids are so forgiving. I think I may have redeemed myself just in time. My lovely, flawless and stunning Mum-friend had wondered whether to text and remind me and we decided that in future she wouldn't give me the benefit of the doubt.

The boys had their best friend over for tea. Rather than shame myself once more I purchased a meal from that posh Cook place. I didn't pretend to my friend that I made it. She knows me well enough by now. I once got a pal to make cup-cakes so I wouldn't be the only non-baking Mummy at a party, again. They all knew I hadn't made them. But at least I turned up with something in tupperware. I flipping love tupperware.

Just seen the trailer for 32 Brinkburn Street which starts running from Saturday and the show itself airs 28th March. It looks good I think. Exciting to be back on the telly and with such a fine cast. I also got offered a nice little job for the next couple of weeks if I can get friends to hang out with my nippers. Seeing Rango with 7 kids in the morning. Heard it's good. Will probably eat far too much popcorn.

1 comment:

  1. Im glad to say that frizzy fringe was beautifully straightened out by time we arrived, lovely smells of a ready meal greeted us at the door, boys entertained us with their dancing - only slightly disturbing moment when they were partially naked licking each other! - and lovely moments of grabbed chats to the Callard between the mayhem of 3 excited boys. Missed you lovely, glad you're back X

    ReplyDelete